Crystallographic properties of organic films for thin film transistors
Graz University of Technology is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The main activity will be the performance of specialised X-ray scattering techniques by in-house equipment and by using synchrotron sources. The investigated systems are organic thin films for application in thin film transistors. Structural properties of the thin films like morphology and crystallographic properties (including crystal structure solution from thin films) have to be evaluated. Additionally, thin films have to be prepared by physical vapour deposition and by solution processing. Experimental skills (chemical preparation lab, vacuum technology) and programming skills are desired.
Research field(s): Chemistry, Molecular Chemistry, Organic Electronics, Organic Synthesis, Aromatic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Crystal growth, Crystallography
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the University of Mons (Belgium)
- 3 months at Polycrystalline (Italy)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Solid State Physics / Physical Chemistry
- Required languages: English (Level: Good)
- Skills/Qualifications: Education in Physics or Physical Chemistry
- Specific requirements: Education is solid state physics, good programming skills
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview, either by Skype or personally in Graz, Austria. Within the framework of the interview the candidate has to introduce his/her current scientific activities by a 30 minutes talk followed by a discussion.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR8, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR8
Graz University of Technology
Institute of Solid State Physics
8010 Graz, Austria
Location Secondment n°1
University of Mons (UMons)
Place du Parc 20
7000 Mons, Belgium
Location Secondment n°2
Solid state R&D department
Via F.S. Fabri 127/1
40059 Medicina (BO), Italy
Type of contract
Temporary (36 months)
Hours per week
The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible
Envisaged job starting date