Self-assembly and multiscale characterization of structures and interfaces
Université de Strasbourg is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
One Early-Stage Researcher position is available for 36 months at the Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires (ISIS), Université de Strasbourg (UNISTRA), France. The work will be carried out in the framework of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action European Training Network (MSCA-ITN-ETN) “UHMob” (“Ultra-high Charge Carrier Mobility to Elucidate Transport Mechanisms in Molecular Semiconductors”). The successful candidate will be working on the self-assembly and multiscale characterization of structures and interfaces.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a Master degree in materials science or chemistry, and previous experience in the preparation and characterization of self-assembled organic thin films on surfaces by ambient and ultra-high vacuum SPM (AFM, STM), GIXRD, UPS, XPS, profilometer, etc.
Candidates can be of any nationality, but they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. They must also be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
Candidates will be integrated in a truly interdisciplinary and international group working on multifunctional materials and devices. Very good level of English (oral and written) is requested. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a list of publications and at least one letter of recommendation.
Research field(s): Materials science/chemistry
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain)
- 3 months at BASF (Germany)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Materials science/chemistry
- Required languages: English (Level: Excellent)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Materials science/chemistry
- Skills/Qualifications: Master degree in materials science or chemistry, and previous experience in the preparation and characterization of self-assembled organic thin films on surfaces by ambient and ultra-high vacuum SPM (AFM, STM), GIXRD, UPS, XPS, profilometer, etc.
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR7, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR7
University of Strasbourg
Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires
Allée Gaspard Monge 8
67000 Strasbourg, France
Location Secondment n°1
Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
Materials Science Institute of Barcelona (ICMAB)
08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Location Secondment n°2
Carl Bosch Strasse 38
67056, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible.|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|