Organic semiconductors under light-matter strong coupling
Université de Strasbourg is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The aim of this PhD project will be to improve the fundamental understanding of conductivity enhancement under light-matter strong coupling and optimization of charge-carrier mobility through the control of both material and optical design for optimal device architecture.
Research field(s): Molecular chemistry, organic semiconductors, optical resonators, quantum electrodynamics
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 2 months at Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research (Germany)
- 2 months at BASF (Germany)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry
- Required languages: English (Level: Excellent)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Chemistry, Molecular chemistry
- Skills/Qualifications: Master degree in chemistry and previous experience in the preparation and characterization of optical cavities or plasmonic structures, preparation and characterization of organic films. Experience with standard spectroscopic techniques such as FTIR, NMR, UV-VIS, etc. Good understanding of physics. Previous experience in light-matter strong coupling is a large plus.
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR6, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR6
Once the candidate is chosen by the host laboratory, the student must formally apply to the Doctoral School of Chemistry of the University of Strasbourg to be admitted.
University of Strasbourg
Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires
Allée Gaspard Monge 8
67000 Strasbourg, France
Location Secondment n°1
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
Department of Molecular Spectroscopy
55128 Mainz, Germany
Location Secondment n°2
Carl Bosch Strasse 38
67056, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||36|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|