Theoretical evaluation of charge carrier transport in molecular crystals
University of Mons is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The molecular parameters inferred by ESR3 will be injected into transport models to compute the mobility anisotropy in the crystal structure of the target compounds. Simple transport models assuming either a pure band-like (fully delocalized charges – fast transport) or hopping (charges localized over a single molecule – slow transport) regime will first be applied to evaluate the boundary values of the charge carrier mobility when adopting these two extreme scenarios. The results will then be refined using more sophisticated mixed classical-quantum dynamical schemes recently developed in Mons, with no a priori assumption on charge delocalization.
Research field(s): Condensed-matter physics, quantum chemistry, materials sciences
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the Kyoto University (Japan)
- 3 months at Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research (Germany)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science
- Required languages: English (Level: Good)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Aromatic chemistry, Molecular chemistry
- Skills/Qualifications: Physical chemist or physicist with solid background in quantum-chemistry, condensed-matter physics and material sciences
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR4, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR4
University of Mons (UMons)
Place du Parc 20
7000 Mons, Belgium
Location Secondment n°1
Condensed Matter Physical Chemistry
Kyotodaigaku Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
615-8510 Kyoto, Japan
Location Secondment n°2
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
Department of Molecular Spectroscopy
55128 Mainz, Germany
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||38|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|