Theoretical modelling of charge transport parameters in organic semiconductors
University of Mons is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The main task of the candidate will be to conduct theoretical simulations (mostly force-field calculations and quantum-chemical calculations) to assess the structure and dynamics of thin films of organic semiconductors synthesized within the project and to evaluate the key parameters controlling the charge mobility in these systems. The work will be mostly carried out at the University of Mons, with secondments foreseen at the University of Berlin and the University of Cambridge to interact with experimentalists. The candidate will benefit from all computational resources needed for the project.
Research field(s): Chemistry, Solid-State Physics, Materials Science, Theoretical chemistry, Quantum Mechanics
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the University of Berlin (Germany)
- 3 months at UNiversity of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Theoretical Chemistry or theoretical solid-state physics
- Required languages: English (Level: Good)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Computational chemistry / theoretical solid-state physics
- Skills/Qualifications: The candidate should have a good knowledge and practice with modern techniques of quantum-chemistry or solid-state physics (DFT in particular) and/or with classical (force-field) atomistic simulations.
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR3, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR3
University of Mons (UMons)
Place du Parc 20
7000 Mons, Belgium
Location Secondment n°1
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Physik
15 Newtonstrasse 15
12489 Berlin, Germany
Location Secondment n°2
University of Cambridge
Department of Physics
CB30HE Cambridge, United Kingdom
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||N/A|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|