Correlation of electronic structure, optical properties and charge transport in organic semiconductors
BASF is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The ESR will have for objective to analyze the effects of molecular and aggregate structure on the optical properties of organic semiconductors and correlate them with charge transport. Evaluate emerging class of materials and fabrication methods adapted to coupling with vacuum states.
ESR15 will be exposed to the innovation programme of BASF aiming at high performance materials for electronic applications. This includes the design, synthesis and characterization of materials and the fabrication and characterization of complex optoelectronic devices. He/she will fabricate optoelectronic devices with the aim to exploit new materials (semiconductors with low energetic disorder) and new physical concepts (coupling with vacuum field, Frohlich condensation) and to assess their usefulness in an industrial context. This will be done in close collaboration with other partners, notably ULB, UCAM, UNISTRA, UBER, MPI-P, CSIC, and KU.
Research field(s): Chemistry, Quantum Mechanics, Materials Science
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the University of Strasbourg (France)
- 3 months at Cambridge University (United Kingdome)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Materials Science
- Required languages: English (Level: Good); German (Level: Basic)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Chemistry>Quantum Chemistry; Chemistry > Molecular chemistry; Materials Science>Thin Films; Materials Science>Structure-Property Relations
- Quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, materials, spectroscopy, Thin films, physics of optoelectronic devices, nanofabrication;
- Ability to work independently and creatively;
- Ability to work in cross-cultural diverse teams.
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR15, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR15
Carl Bosch Strasse 38
67056, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Location Secondment n°1
University of Strasbourg
Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires
8 Allée Gaspard Monge
67000 Strasbourg, France
Location Secondment n°2
University of Cambridge
Department of Physics
CB30HE Cambridge, United Kingdom
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|