Solution processing of organic semiconductors for achieving high mobility and reproducibility
Materials Science Institute of Barcelona (ICMAB) is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
In this project, thin films of organic semiconductors will be prepared by employing solution-based techniques. The performance of the organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) fabricated with these films will be optimized by controlling the organic semiconductor properties such as the molecular design, formulation and crystallization of the material. The candidate will have the opportunity to handle a variety of multidisciplinary techniques such as wet chemistry methods, organic materials processing and characterisation, vacuum deposition techniques, laser lithography for electrode fabrication, electrical measurements, morphological and structural characterisation tools, etc.
Research field(s): Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Molecular materials, Electrical and structural characterisation
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at Graz University of Technology (Austria)
- 3 months at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Germany)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science
- Required languages: English (Level: Excellent)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Chemistry>Organic Materials, Characterisation tools; Physics>Organic semiconductors, Electrical characterisation; Materials Science>Organic Materials, Characterisation tools
- Skills/Qualifications: Excellent university grades, team worker, ability to communicate, highly motivated
- Specific requirements: Experience in processing organic materials or in electrical characterisation will be valued.
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR12, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR12
Materials Science Institute of Barcelona (ICMAB)
08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Location Secondment n°1
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Physik
12489 Berlin, Germany
Location Secondment n°2
Graz University of Technology
Institute of Solid State Physics
8010 Graz, Austria
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||37.5|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|