Mechanism and efficiency of conductivity in high-mobile organics using Terahertz spectroscopy
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
To correlate molecular structural arrangement to charge carrier mobilities, Time-resolved Terahertz (THz) spectroscopy will be employed to establish the mechanism and efficiency of electron and hole transport in the bulk material. THz spectroscopy allows to identify the primary product of photo-excitation in the material (excitons vs polarons) and to determine their relative lifetimes. Measurements will be performed on differently processed pure materials and on devices, to correlate ‘best’ and ‘actual’ performance, and identify bottlenecks for device improvement.
The ideal candidate will have MSc in Physics or physical chemistry or equivalent with proven excellent grades. She/He should have a strong commitment to critical and independent thinking and be driven towards achieving specific goals. Experience in optics and ultrafast spectroscopy will be evaluated positively. Prior knowledge on semiconductors will be a plus.
Research field(s): Physics > Semiconductor, nonlinear optical spectroscopy, THz spectroscopy; Chemistry > Physical chemistry> spectroscopy
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the University of Strasbourg (France)
- 3 months at Kyoto University (Japan)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics or physical chemistry with experience in spectroscopy or semiconductors
- Required languages: English (Level: Excellent)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Physics > Semiconductor, nonlinear optical spectroscopyChemistry > Physical chemistry> spectroscopy
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR10, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR10
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
Department of Molecular Spectroscopy
55128 Mainz, Germany
Location Secondment n°1
University of Strasbourg
Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires
Allée Gaspard Monge 8
67000 Strasbourg, France
Location Secondment n°2
Condensed Matter Physical Chemistry
Kyotodaigaku Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
615-8510 Kyoto, Japan
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||39|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|