Electronic band structure and interface level alignment
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is hiring a first stage researcher within the framework of the UHMob MSCA ITN action (GA n°811284).
Please find a detailed offer and requirements below.
The selected ESR will perform cutting-edge research to unravel the fundamental electronic properties of organic semiconductors and their interfaces in (opto)electronic devices. Become expert in state-of-the-art photoelectron spectroscopies, in a diverse and interdisciplinary research group. Engage in collaborations with leading research groups across Europe.
Research field(s): Physics > solid state physics / semiconductors / electron spectroscopy
Scheduled research stays abroad (secondments):
- 3 months at the University of Strasbourg (France)
- 3 months at University of Mons (Belgium)
- Required education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics
- Required languages: English (Level: Excellent)
- Required research experience (<4 years): Physics>Solid state physics; Physics>Semiconductors; Physics> Electron spectroscopy
- Skills/Qualifications: Very good knowledge of solid state physics, experience in working with ultrahigh vacuum equipment
- To have obtained or to be about to obtain a Master’s degree (or a title at equivalent level) in chemistry. At the day of hiring, applicants must have been awarded a Master or equivalent degree.
- To be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Not to have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (Mobility Rule).
- Applications must be written in English.
- Application must be complete.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to uhmob-recruitment [at] eurtd [dot] com including the following items:
- A letter of motivation referring to UHMob-ESR9, explaining why you apply to this position and how a PhD would suit your career objectives?
- A detailed CV including publications (if any).
- Two reference contacts.
Reference to be indicated in the email Subject: UHMob-ESR9
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Physik
12489 Berlin, Germany
Location Secondment n°1
University of Strasbourg
Institut de Science et d’Ingénierie Supramoléculaires
Allée Gaspard Monge 8
67000 Strasbourg, France
Location Secondment n°2
University of Mons (UMons)
Place du Parc 20
7000 Mons, Belgium
|Type of contract||Temporary (36 months)|
|Job status||Full time|
|Hours per week||40|
|Application deadline||The deadline for application is August 15, 2019. Applications will be evaluated in a continuous way and positions will be filled in as soon as possible|
|Envisaged job starting date||01/11/2019|